Monday, May 07, 2007

Niagra Falls

On Friday after Justin got out of school we left for Niagara Falls. I had taken Justin to Niagara Falls back in 2001 in February and told him that someday we would go back when it wasn't so cold. Well he leaves in less than 2 months for the Navy so Corben and I decided it was time to go and we figured Pearl would enjoy the trip also. Everyone had a great time. Pearl's two highlights were swimming at the hotel, and going up to the top of Skylon Tower. Pearl kept calling the falls, "falls water," instead of water falls. Here are a few pictures.


Pearl at the top of Skylon Tower


The falls from the top of Skylon Tower


The three of us


Justin and Pearl outside of the Souvenir Store

4 comments:

Corben said...

I had a great time in Canada with Brenda, Justin, and Pearl...

I thank God everyday for Pearl. He shows me so many things in so many ways through her. A parents love as it is received, like when I grew up, is not the same as being a parent.

I can not imagine the sacrifice God made sending his one and only Son, who was and is perfect, to be a once and for all sacrifice so that all who believe may have a restored relationship with God.

When we were in Canada I felt a great joy looking over and seeing Pearl smile, laugh, and giggle as she yelled, 'falls water' to try to speak louder then the roaring of Canadian falls. Then again as Brenda held Pearl and she so innocently an curiously peeked over the edge of the guard rail and looked down into the plunging depth of water, I must admit I got nervous.

Especially when we found out 5.5 billion gallons of water flow over the falls every hour and this means a little over 1.5 million gallons of water flow over the falls every second!!!

Now that is a whole lot of water

all this deepens my thankfulness for God placing my family in my life.

Randy Roda said...

Amen to that brother...nothing like spending time with your family.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Great place to visit! Glad you all had fun!

Greg Cox said...

I may be the only person in America that has not been to Niagra Falls! Add that to my list of places that I need to see.