Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pearl is Learning and Teaching

On Sunday evening there was a hymn sing at Bridgewater and since there is nobody in the congregation who could lead the singing and Corben is not a song leader we recruited my Dad. Therefore, I decided to cook dinner and have both my Mom and Dad over for dinner before the hymn sing. We were getting ready to eat the menu was homemade chicken noodle soup and Italian bread. Everyone was getting ready to eat and Pearl decided that she was really going to say the blessing so she did. I understood she said God at the beginning and Amen at the end with a huge smile when she opened her eyes. I did not understand a word in the middle, but I know God did. That would have been enough for me but she showed us more latter. When we were about done with dinner, Pearl ran to the kitchen for more bread. She grabbed the end of the loaf that I had not cut and took off. My Mom told her to wait she would cut it for her. Pearl said no I do and ran to the dinning room. She proceeded to come to me rip off a piece of bread and hand it to me, Corben, than my Dad, than my Mom. She than stood in between her Grandma and Grandpap and said "now eat." She continued to do this until there was no bread left. I guess she is listening and learning in church when I think was this really worth the effort this morning. Jesus said "Let the children come," some may believe children should not participate at the Lord's table, because they do not understand, but I say as Jesus said let them come for they do understand. They understand better than we do at times.

1 comment:

Corben said...

It was amazing to see. Pearl is always learning and Brenda usual has to point it out to me. I know Brenda did a great job expressing Pearl, the giving of bread, and telling everyone to 'now eat' and on top of it there was a presence of calmness, meaningfulness, and sincerity that blew me away. Pearl has taken communion and I believe it has been more effective, affective, and meaningful then I ever realized.

Corben