Friday, March 21, 2008

Fun at High School Musical on Ice

I got the opportunity to be able to go to High School Musical on Ice which is a combination of High School Musical one and two. I was able to go with Brenda and Pearl. I never knew it, but opening night can offer some more reasonable priced tickets. It was a wonderful time especially as I watched Pearl with her eyes glued to the Ice Rink as the musical ensued. I looked over and saw Brenda watching and not only watching the musical, but also watching Pearl to make sure she did not hit or spill anything on the person sitting in front of Pearl and I was struck by the wonders of family. Sometimes family life is difficult, it wasn't meant to be easy, but it is worth it and when I have moments like these the difficulties melt away faster then snow on a warm sunny day. The picture below is my momento of another wonderful moment that God used to make up for those stressful, even though not always frequent, days of hair pulling, biting, hitting, and overall fits that all three year olds go through.

1 comment:

smkyqtzxtl said...

When my daughter turned five she asked for a date with dad for her birthday. My husband took her out for dinner, he was in a suit, she in her best dress, they dined at her favorite place, MAcDonalds. Then they went to see a show, a musical especially for children Sharon, Lois and Bram's, The Elephant Show. A Few Years later the same idea was repaeated with our son and he went to see Sesame Street Live. Those thypes of moments are remembered so fondly by our now grown children. Our daughter still talks about her "Barbie night on the town" as she called it when she was a kid. You have made some great memories!