Thursday, December 25, 2008

Jesus

Last week one day while we were out and about Pearl saw a manger scene in a yard. It was one of the ones where each figure is a different piece. She says to me "Mom we don't have a Jesus." I said to her yes you are right we don't have one like that. For the past two years while living in Bridgewater they had one and she would ask to go talk to Jesus and would walk into the stable and talk to Baby Jesus. The first time she did this I cried like a baby.

On Monday morning we were visiting my parents and Pearl said to her Dad as they walked out the door Daddy we need that. I knew @ once that it was my parents baby Jesus. A few minutes latter she was pleading with my Mom to let her have Baby Jesus. She said don't worry Mamaw I'll bring it back after Christmas cause she doesn't have one and she needs Baby Jesus.
My prayer is that we will hunger for Jesus as much in 2009 as Pearl does in 08, and that she will never lose the passion she has for Jesus as she grows.

1 comment:

Corben said...

Amen!!! She is amazing and I thought the same thing at mom's house.