Sunday, May 03, 2009

Skunks



Some of you may that back in August 2007 Pearl and I accompanied Corben to Kentucky, while he took one of his many on campus classes at Asbury. Well I was driving and about 10 minutes from campus I hit a skunk. I thought well maybe Pearl won't notice. After all it didn't make a loud sound, but than the smell oh the smell. Well to say the least she noticed.

So almost every week since than during prayer and praise time at church Pearl raises her hand and asks for prayer that mommy doesn't hit a skunk again. It has become pretty comical to say the least.

Well on Friday night Pearl's prayer was answered. I was on my way home from DuBois. It was dark and rainy. I was coming up a dark country road and out of the corner of my eye on the left side of the road I saw two little beady eyes coming out of the woods. So I let up on the gas, and than running in front of the car was oh no a skunk. I still remember the smell that hot August night. So I applied the brakes and the skunk scurried into the woods on the other side of the road.

Pearl's prayer of many many months was answered. Mommy did not hit a skunk again. Praise God.

No comments: