Monday, May 25, 2009

Few moments have topped today… in my whole life…


Few moments have topped today… in my whole life…

I got to play outside with my daughter in our blow up slide-fort-pool!!!

After an amazing day of spending time with immediate and some not-so immediate family, i.e. Gramma & Grandpap Aegan, Mamaw, PapPap, Aunt Dottie and John as well as Becky, Cooper, Calvin, and Bailey… Pearl and I washed the van and then went swimming in the pool.

As Pearl and I played I started singing to her, in the tune of nick nack paddie wack give the dog a bone, a made up song: I splash you, you splash me, we all splash as a family, with a Pearly splashing me and dear old dad getting ready to get a bath!

After that we went inside… warmed up from the cold well water… and relaxed together as a family watching some DVR recordings of our favorite show!

Now this is a day to remember… the smile on Brenda’s face as we all sat down and ate a wonderful lunch… as Pearl and I played in the pool… as Pearl slept and even sat up sleeping while on the couch as Brenda and I watched The Unit… and of course seeing Grandpap’s face light up as it always does every time he talks about Justin.

Today was not only a good day, a grace filled day, a blessed day, but a moment or better yet a snapshot that I will never forget and will always be dear to my heart!

I am not sure why but this passage seems to fit with today:

NIV Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing dad. What a great family. Love all of you already.
Bonnie

Sue said...

Sounds like a GREAT day! Plus, I'm jealous. I want to go in the Pirate Ship pool, too!

Corben said...

It was a great day and thanks to everyone for all the nice comments

Becky said...

we had a great day that day too. we miss you all...