Sunday, July 19, 2009

Posting, Posting, Posting!!!

I am not sure what happened, why, or how, but I have recognized a few signs on the way! I noticed I stopped posting as much on the Blog and started posting more on Facebook. Then I noticed my posts started getting smaller and smaller. I am not sure the size was due to my lack of writing larger material or that I had fewer responses when I wrote larger amounts of posts. Either way... it seems there has been a clear shift, at least for me, from blogging to Facebooking in an almost twittering way. Also the ease of posting on Facebook through my cell phone definitely has its advantages. I can upload pictures of events at the churches, I can upload family stuff, friend stuff, communicate via Facebook-email and more. I think there is another technology shift even though this has been available before it is now easier, cheaper, and more widely accepted, this facebooking and such through the phone.

I admit it is great that I can get emails on the phone, respond to important things quickly, and keep people updated, but I ask at what price?

What are we loosing in all this? and moreover if we are created to be relational beings as I believe God created us to be, then how is this foundational aspect of humanity being affected?

Just food for thought

No comments: