Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Can Time Stand Still?

Not long ago my classes started for the spring semester of 2007 and usually the first week is really easy, just general introductions, but this semester was different. By midweek I had to read a whole book, and by the end of the week I had to read another. Also I had a bunch of other homework and so I was feeling frustrated. Then it got worse because I was waiting for Pearl to take a nap, and she didn’t. She just played in her bed and would not go to sleep. I was so frustrated and worried I would not get the work done. I was not in a good mood and I took it out on Brenda and Pearl. Later that night God reminded me I need to trust in him and that I was not trusting in Him with this homework. I asked God to forgive me, and help me make it through this. I cried out for God’s help. I also apologized to both Brenda and Pearl. The next morning I was watching Pearl. I was able to read an entire book well over a hundred pages as well as take notes on it and really learn what I was reading. I did this while I was watching Pearl and usually I can’t seem to get any homework done while I am with her, this is the task oriented personality in me, but I did. Then I realized I did all this in less then an hour and a half. I have never read that much, in that amount of time, and really took it in and learned from it. It was like time stood still. I saw where I was wrong, I asked God to forgive me, He did, and He helped me when I asked for His help. You see this reminds me of the blessings and woes in Luke 6:17-26 and especially 6:20 the blessing of being poor. This is not necessarily about money, nor is the rich in the warning later on, but whether we are being dependant on God or if we are trying to do it on our own.

Are we trusting in God to take care of us, obeying, and asking for help, or are we trying to do it on our own in this pull yourselves up by your boots strap mentality where most homes have a computer, 2 cars, and 2.5 kids who each have a cell phone U.S.?

If all things really are possible through God as Scripture suggests:

NIV Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Then what is time? and can it stand still?

No comments: