Saturday, March 03, 2007


Partnersteps!

Is this a plug for another one of Conferences one size fits all program to rebirth dying churches or is there a different way of thinking then what we are used to that can help us be, act, and do in a way that is more God centered, Jesus focused, seeking to specifically do whatever God wants his followers to do right here and right now and do it together. I know this togetherness thing is different then the way we have always done things, different then the way we are used to thinking, but maybe, just maybe this whole one body thing with many parts in the New Testament is an old idea and not a new one. An opportunity to work together, utilizing each of our talents, skills, abilities, gifts, and graces in the way God intended, sharing in Ministry.

I like to reflect on I Corinthians 12 when thinking of working together.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hey Corben...

I'm an ATS from Western PA. My wife and I moved to Wilmore about a year and a half ago and we are youth pastors at a local church (You should come check out Nicholasville UMC if you're ever on campus on a Sunday morning!). At the end of this semester, I'll be about 50 credits completed...

Are you a student pastor/local pastor in PA? My dad serves in Ebensburg in the Johnstown District and I'm an Annual Conference junkie.

Anyway, hope that you're having a great day!
Matt