Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring...I Think it is Here!!!

I think spring is here. This morning I could here the birds singing while I was making the beds and getting ready for the day. When I went out to get the paper this morning Pearl ran out the door with me and did not yell cold. So I said to her do you want to take a walk. She of course said with a huge smile and jumping up and down yes. Pearl than ran inside told her Dad we were taking a walk and gathered up her dolls and bears to join us. Daddy could not join us this morning, because he had to go visiting. We walked down to the newspaper recycle bin dropped off our newspapers and than walk down to the river. On the way to the river I saw a robin. I told Pearl that the bird over there was a robin because it had a red tummy and that when we see a robin that means spring is here. She started singing bird has red tummy. The last time we were at the river was about a month ago when it was frozen over and covered with snow, and she asked where are the ducks. We told here they would be back when it got warmer. Well, this morning when we got to the river the ducks and geese were back she was so excited. Tonight after dinner Daddy was able to join us for a walk. We walk back to the river and the ducks were still there. After walking to the river we walked down to Bruster's. Pearl is just barely short enough (40 inches or shorter and you get a free baby cone)39 inches for a free cone. She got purple dinosaur, it was just the right size for her. The next time we will have to take a picture. On our way back we even got to stop and talk to Mr Anderson, and Jean Lopes from church, who were also out enjoying the nice spring weather.

1 comment:

Corben said...

I also think Spring is here. Pearl is such a cutie. I had a great time going for a walk with the both of you and taking you both to Brusters. I will make sure I do not say do you want ice cream if I do not mean it, cause I had to get some after Pearl so cutely and softly spoke, 'alright'.

Great post and I had an even greater time with you.