Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Prayer

We all know that prayer is a very powerful thing. This afternoon a friend of ours who is a missionary with the Mission Society is leaving for Peru. She will be doing ministry throughout Peru for the next four and a half weeks. Please join us in praying for her and the people of Peru who she will be ministering to.

Father God,
I just ask you to be with Sue today as she leaves for Peru. I ask you to go with her, to give her a peace while she travels. Allow her time to rest. Please God be with the people of Peru as they finish preparing for Sue's arrival.

4 comments:

Corben said...

Prayer is a powerful thing. I love the word thing because it can be such a flexible word. How else can we describe actions of God that are so far beyond our understanding like answering prayers in ways that we only recognize a small portion of it.

Prayer is powerful because we have a gracious, loving, merciful, and compassionate God as well as righteous and just.

Nice post.

I say, "pray until you think you have prayed enough and then pray some more!"

Keith H. McIlwain said...

We join with you in prayer.

Randy Roda said...

I will certainly keep it in prayer. By the way, I love the picture on your site. I am a huge Steelers, Penguins and Pirates fan and Roethlisberger is among my favorites

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayers, I can use them. I start doing my trainings tomorrow, April 2, and everyone says that they have been looking forward to the trainings! The director of the school has invited several people outside of his school to come. I have no idea how many! Wednesday, I am speaking at chapel for the high school age kids. God is stretching me! He likes to remind me I can{t do it on my own!
Miss all of you!
Sue