Saturday, April 14, 2007

What Church Father are You?


I recently took a brief survey to determine which church father I most closely resemble the results are scary:


You are Origen!
You do nothing by half-measures. If you’re going to read the Bible, you want to read it in the original languages. If you’re going to teach, you’re going to reach as many souls as possible, through a proliferation of lectures and books. If you’re a guy and you’re going to fight for purity … well, you’d better hide the kitchen shears.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

So am I. That must be why we fight sometimes.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Origen was deemed a heretic by the early Church. Please see that BOOM gets these test reults.

Corben said...

Sure, do you have the address and name of the BOOM Secretary?

I Hope I am not a heretic at least in Christ's eyes.

Shalom

smkyqtzxtl said...

I took the test too, I would be Origen, If I were a church Father that is, Got one for Church mom's?:)

Corben said...

When they say church fathers there is the implied church mothers or those that are the mothers of the church fathers. Without them they would not have the insight they had nor would they even exist. This seems especially true for John and Charles Wesley.