Thursday, September 11, 2008

I am excited apathy is not as widespread as I thought

In the aftermath of 9-11 I saw people looking to God for help and I saw many amazing things. I know God is not the author of evil, but that He can use all for His will and purpose and I was blown away at the sacrifices people made during 9-11 from firemen, police, people giving their own, and the loved ones left make sense of it all. Today after dropping my daughter off at preschool I was driving home, back to Timblin, and I passed an elimentary school where I saw teachers gathering all the students, those little elimentary school kids, and I was glad at first and started getting excited thinking about how little 9-11 is talked about, remembered, or the grace of God in the midst of it celebrated and honored. I looked back at those people around the flagpole and got excited because apathy is not as widespread as I thought it was and I thought about a passage in scripture where Jesus talks about letting the little ones come to him for such as these belong the kingdom of heaven. For us to honestly and purely come before God, admitting we are weak and need help, looking to God to answer our prayers, and honor as well as celebrate God's hand in the midst of hurt, reminds me we can no longer live the days of doing nothing, of having faith, that only affects our lives when we walk through the church doors and into the sanctuary, but must permiate every aspect of our lives down to whatever is inside the protons, neutrons, and electrons, inside every cell of our bodies.

I hope you look around this September 11th and see whatever God wants you to see and share it with someone else.

No comments: