Friday, July 20, 2007

Daddy's coming home


Well here it is Friday afternoon and Pearl is very excited. I am also. Corben has been in Kentucky this week for the second of his three classes for the summer. He called at about 12:30 and said he was done and on his way home. I gave Pearl the phone for him to tell her, and she got a smile on her face so big I can not describe it. We are also very proud of him because he got an A in his class. The class he was taking was on Technology in ministry. He was learning how to produce videos and do powerpoint for worship services. I do not think he'll be able to use the knowledge here at Bridgewater, but I know God is preparing him for the future ministry He has in store for us. We can not wait to see him he will be home this evening. Pearl will be a little bigger at the next graduation. This picture was taken May of 2005 when Corben graduated from Geneva.

3 comments:

Corben said...

I am so glad Brenda and Pearl support me and our ministry at Bridgewater while I am away at School. I always miss the both of them very much.

I can never stress how grateful I am for God blessing me with a loving, encouraging, and supporting family.

I am slowly learning that we are all always being further prepared for God to use us while always giving us things we can presently do in service to him. We just don't always see or know it. It almost sounds dualistic, but it is not. It is that God is a living, loving, and active God so that He is always giving us ways to participate in His kingdom now and leading us on a journey that, if we let it, will deepen our faith and and sharpen us, in preparation, for future participation in His kingdom.

I know God is not done with me yet and I am so thankful for that.

Keith H. McIlwain said...

You just never know how these classes might help...short-term OR long-term. Good job!

Corben said...

Yes, you are right, and Gee thanks.