Thursday, July 26, 2007

Justin Update

We got a letter from Justin yesterday. He is still at Great Lakes participating in training. However he still does not like it. By the sounds of it it's not the Navy he doesn't like it is being away from family that he dislikes. He tells us that he needs his family. We wrote him letters encouraging him to hang in there that after the first couple of weeeks we will be able to visit and see him as often as he wants to see us. He wants to try to switch to the Navy reserves or get out on medical from when he broke his arm when he was in kindergarden. I have encouraged him not to do anything to quickly and to always be honest and tell the truth. Still praying for him.

1 comment:

Corben said...

Justin is in my prayers as well.

Justin kept saying I know you guys think this, meaning the Navy, is the best thing for me, but it isn't. The best thing for me is to be with my family.

In response, we do not always choose the best things for ourselves, but reality is Navy might just be the best thing for Justin.

The Navy motto or creed to live their lives by is "honor, courage, and commitment".

I also liked the part on the recruit page of the Navy website that stated, "I will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those among us who do"

Justin if you ever read this, you are always in our prayers.