Saturday, July 28, 2007

Justin is staying

Thanks for all of your prayers. Justin called Grandma and Grandpap yesterday and talked to them for a little over an hour. He said that things are looking up and that he is staying in the Navy. He said the food is great that they have all the stuff he likes. He said that he is getting mail now, he did not realize that he had to go pick some of it up at the mail room. He said that he learned how to iron, and that they get up everyday at 2:00 AM and spend an hour ironing their uniforms. My dad his Uncle Leonard said at least they could do is let them iron at a more reasonable hour. Justin said that he has passed the test that he had to take and that they have pointed him out for how he does his push-ups. He is looking forward to seeing all of us when he graduates on August 31st. I will be driving Grandma and Grandpap out along with Corben, Pearl, and myself for the graduation. He only has 4 tickets so Corben and Pearl are going to stay at the hotel while we go to the base for the ceremony. Than after the ceremony we will bring Justin back to the hotel to see them. He sent a message that I better bring Pearl with me, because he wants to see her. Please keep praying for him as he continues to train to defend our country.

1 comment:

Corben said...

God is an amazing God. I am reminded as I see God answering our prayers in regard to Justin that so often God answers prayers and then we drop the subject, pray about the next dilemma, or find some other way to move on.

I am reminded that we need to take time to stop and smell the roses. Take time to stop, thank God for what He has done, appreciate the gift, and better yet share it with others.

God is an amazing God, but if no one shares how He has answered our prayers, will anyone else ever see how good God really is?

Awhile ago I read about how small children often get discouraged when they move into their adolescent phase because more often then not they have grown up hearing and participating in prayer requests, but no one stopped and praised God for answering any of the prayers. This hit me hard because even though my daughter pearl is only two I know I had already felt like I never shared with her when a prayer was answered.

I am very thankful God guided Justin and I just want to tell everyone. [In the right context of course] :-)